Hello! Everyone. Okay So you are trying to delete Undeletable files or folders in Windows PC, but not able to do so or you are getting an error saying: Could not find this item? Then don’t worry I am here to help just go through this article and you will be able to Delete Undeletable Files or Folders in Windows PC properly. Here I will give you two ways first one is Without using Software and the second one will be using the software.
Best Way to Delete Undeletable Files or Folders in Windows PC
1st Method – [Delete Undeletable Files or folder Without Software]
- First, open CMD locate the folder in which you have the file which you want to delete or folder.
2. Copy the address and open command prompt or cmd.
3. Now type cd and paste the address of the folder which you copied as shown and then press enter.
4. After that you will see that you are inside the folder because your path has changed, now type this:
and then press enter again.
5. After that, you will see the list of files in the folder and search for your folder or file which you can’t delete.
6. Now after finding the file, see it has a specific name something like ABCD~1 and not the actual file name.
7. Type the following line, just edit the filename with the name which you find above which is allotted to your file name:
rmdir /q /s your file name
and then press enter.
8) Finally, you have successfully deleted the folder, go and check.
2nd Method – [Delete Undeletable Files or folder Using Unlocker]
Simple Way to Delete any Folder by downloading “Unlocker” Software. It is very Easy and Helpful. This can help you to delete undeletable, hidden, ghost files and folders.
Unlocker unlocks any files or folders if it is being used by any other program and allows you to delete it. The process is rather simple.
- Simply, right-click on undeletable folder or file and click on Unlocker.
2. If no locking handle is found, it will still delete the folder.
3. Unlocker is unquestionably a helpful tool to have around in such circumstances.
NOTE: This software comes with a pre-checked option of installing a QuickStores toolbar for eBay, Amazon & Shopping.com. It also places two eBay internet shortcuts on your desktop. You may want to uncheck these options at the time of installation.
My Last Words:
Hope now you will be able to delete any kind of undeletable files or folders by using any of the two methods. If you any asking feel free to comment below in the comment sections.