Easy Steps to Make Slow Windows Computer Super Fast: Your Windows Computer was probably fast, running smoothly and responding instantly to every tap when you first bought it, right? But over time it grows fragments of temporary files and the hard drive becomes encumbered as a result; after enough time has passed, you will notice a significant difference in your computer’s processing speed. It began running more slowly. Even the fastest Computer will start to show its age. This is a common problem of all Windows users and nothing to worry about this.
Well, if you have been searching on Google“How to Speed Up a Slow Windows Computer for Free or Easy Steps to Make Slow Windows Computer Super Fast”, you are at the right place. You may be able to save your Windows computer by doing a few tricks that can push your PC forward. Below is our guide to getting your PC fast again. So, just read this article about Easy Steps to Make Slow Windows Computer Super Fast Within few Minutes.
Easy Steps to Make Slow Windows Computer Super Fast
Windows computer could be quite a few reasons for that slowness. This can fix quite a few problems and is faster than attempting to manually troubleshoot and fix the problem by yourself. You can do a few things to speed up your computer’s processing speed and startup time.
Step 1. Cleaning Up Your Hard Drive
- Open your Start menu which is in the lower left corner of your screen.
- Type “Disk cleanup” into the search menu. Now you see a popup app arrive at the top of the Start screen.
- Click the “Disk Cleanup” app. It clears your computer of .temp files, processes, and other small bits of information that can slow down your PC’s processing speed.
- Next, you must have to Check every box under the “Files to Delete” heading. After that hit “OK”, then confirm by clicking “Delete Files“.
- Open Start again, then type “Defrag” into the search bar.
- Click the “Defragment and Optimize Drives” option. Running the Disk Defragment tool will consolidate your files and these fragments, which will increase the speed at which your hard drive can access information.NOTE: [Please do not run the Disk Defragment program if your computer has a solid-state drive installed.]
- Select your main drive in the Defrag window. It should be labeled something like “OS:C“.
- Click “Optimize”. This will begin to defragment your drive. this can take from a few minutes to a few hours.
- Consider moving files to external storage:
Remember: You can also move your files to any one of several free cloud storage services (e.g., Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox Etc).
Step 2: Uninstall Unnecessary Programs From Your PC:
- Open your Start menu. You can view all of your PC’s programs and apps from inside of the Start menu; simply scroll down to view all of them. Decide on which apps you want to uninstall. remove speaking, apps like “News” or a radio app that ship with your OS is completely unnecessary.
- Right-click an app you want to uninstall and Click “Uninstall”, then confirm your choice. Uninstall any apps you don’t use.
Consider installing replacement programs. For every stock installed app, there is at least one viable alternative:
- Chrome or Firefox. Both of these browsers are faster, easier-to-use alternatives to Edge. So, Replace Microsoft Edge with
- Replace “Groove” with iTunes. Again, you can’t delete Groove.
- Replace your default video player with VLC. Use VLC player this is easy, light and much better than Media player. It can able to play any kind of music and video. It can also record your PC screen.
- Restart your computer. After completing all of these changes, your computer should be running much faster now!
Step 3. Disable Unwanted Startup Programs:
Better yet, prevent those applications from launching at startup to save memory and CPU cycles, as well as speed up the login process.
Hold down Ctrl+Shift+Escape or Alt and Control and tap Delete to launch Task Manager. Disabling startup programs will fix this issue.
Click the “Startup” tab. This is near the top of your Task Manager window; doing so will bring up a list of the programs that boot up when you start your PC.
- Click on a process you wish to disable. Note that “disabling” a process will not disable it from running at all; rather, it will prevent the program from starting up automatically.
- Select the “Disable” button. which is in the bottom right corner of your Task Manager window. or you can simply right-click a process and then click “Disable” in the context menu.
- Close the Task Manager when you’re finished.
Step 4. Scan for Malware and Adware
There’s also a chance your computer is slow because of the malicious software. This can make slow your PC and runs it in the background. This may not be flat-out malware — it may be software that interferes with your web browsing to track it and add additional advertisements, for example.
Download and Install Malwarebytes to be extra safe, which catches a lot of “Potentially unwanted programs” (PUPs) that most antivirus programs tend to ignore.
Step 5. Clean Your Computer with CleanMyPC Software
If you want to completely clean up your windows PC the easy way, CleanMyPC is a great tool to get the job done easily, and it will even keep your computer clean automatically.
Unlike the competition, it also includes great tools like a Clean Uninstaller, to get rid of applications and clean up the junk that they leave behind. All with the click of a button.
My Last Words:
Hope you like this article about 5 Easy Steps to Make Slow Windows Computer Super Fast. How is it? If you like my article or If you have any issues while following above method, then please comment in our comment box. Your valuable comments inspire me a lot. Now enjoy it. Thank you for reading my article.