Hello Everyone. Today in this post I am going to explain what is Android Banking Trojan Virus? and others and some High-Security Tips to Safe From Android Banking Trojan Virus that Attacked Banking Apps that attacked SBI, HDFC, ICICI banks, and 230 other banking apps.
High-Security Tips to Safe From Android Banking Trojan Virus that Attacked Banking Apps
Antivirus company Quick Heal Security Labs has detected, An Android malware that has been targeting over 232 banking apps including HDFC Bank and ICICI Bank. Quick Heal warned that an Android Banking Trojan virus has surfaced that can simulate more than 232 mobile apps.
Quickheal also stated that An Android Banking Trojan is a malicious program, designed especially for Android devices, which is able to get details out of SMSes, disclose location details and even hijack contact lists. about customers using online banking and payment systems.
NOTE: It should be noted by the consumers with banking apps on their Android devices that after Android 4.1, the use of Adobe Flash Player on the banking apps has been suspended.
The malware known as “Android.banker.A2f8a” is spreading through a fake Flash Player app on third-party stores. The malicious app was previously exposed as Android.banker.A9480. Android.banker.A2f8a has ways to find details other than the banking app. Even on Google Play Store, no Adobe Flash Player app is available.
Here are some of the top mobile banking apps that are affected by the Trojan:
- Axis.mobile (Axis Mobile)
- Csam.icici.bank.imobile (iMobile by ICICI Bank)
- Snapwork.IDBI (IDBI Bank GO Mobile+)
- Idbibank.abhay_card (Abhay by IDBI Bank Ltd)
- com.idbi (IDBI Bank GO Mobile)
- co.bankofbaroda.mpassbook (Baroda mPassbook)
- Unionbank.ecommerce.mobile.android (Union Bank Mobile Banking)
- Snapwork.hdfc (HDFC Bank MobileBanking)
- Sbi.SBIFreedomPlus (SBI Anywhere Personal)
- Hdfcquickbank (HDFC Bank MobileBanking LITE)
- idbi.mpassbook (IDBI Bank mPassbook)
- Unionbank.ecommerce.mobile.commercial.legacy (Union Bank Commercial Clients)
How Do You know That Your Device has been attacked by Trojan Virus?
Quick Heal stated that the malware keeps on popping up even after the administrative rights are declined. If the malicious app finds its way into your phone, it will keep on checking the listed 232 apps. Once any of the targeted apps are found on the device, a fake notification is sent which asks users for their login credentials.
Some High-Security Tips to Safe From Android Banking Trojan Virus
People are advised not to download apps from third-party app stores or links provided in SMSs, emails, or any other platform. This will ensure that their credentials are safe. We also advised keeping device OS and mobile security app always up-to-date.
How to Stay Safe From Android Banking Trojan Virus?
1. Please stop downloading apps from third-party app stores or links provided in SMS or emails or any other platforms.
2. Always keep ‘Unknown Sources’ disabled. Enabling this option means you are inviting or allowing the installation of apps from unknown sources.
3. Most importantly, verify app permissions before installing any app even from official stores such as Google Play.
4. Install a strong mobile security app that can catch and block fake and malicious apps before they can infect your device.
5. Always keep your device OS and mobile security app up-to-date.